Entries are not being accepted as part of this year's award cycle.
Criteria: a biennial award presented to the Manitoba writer whose full-length adult book of poetry in either French or English is judged the best written.
Prize: $1000 to the author
Sponsor: provided by the Manitoba Poetry Endowment through the Winnipeg Foundation.
- Entries must be full-length poetry collections of more than 48 pages.
- Books published between January 1, 2018 and December 31, 2019 - written in English or French - will be entered in Fall 2019.
- Eligible authors will have been a resident in Manitoba for one of the past two years, as well as a resident in Manitoba for three of the last five years.
- Prize may be awarded posthumously to an author who has met the publication and residency requirements but who has died within the award period. Please note that books written by more than one author are eligible as long as all authors meet the residency criteria.
- Not eligible: young adult and children’s books, reprints, chapbooks, anthologies