Criteria: presented to the Manitoba writer whose book is judged the best book of adult non-fiction
Sponsor: Manitoba Sport, Culture and Heritage
- Entry must be a work of non-fiction (excluding textbooks, dictionaries, encyclopedias, etc.).
- Submitted books must have been published between January 1 and December 31, 2018.
- Eligible authors will have been a resident in Manitoba for one of the past two years, as well as a resident in Manitoba for three of the past five years.
- Prize may be awarded posthumously to an author who has met the publication and residency requirements, but who has died within the award period.
- Please note that books written by more than one author are eligible as long as all authors meet the residency criteria. Anthologies are eligible as long as the editor(s) meet the residency criteria.
- Not eligible: Young adult and children’s books are not eligible for this award. Reprints are not eligible.
Books submitted for this award may also be submitted to all other pertinent categories. Publishers are encouraged to send four (4) copies of any eligible books to:
Manitoba Book Awards
Millennium Library, attn: Kathleen Williams
251 Donald Street, Winnipeg MB, R3C 3P5
All entries must be made through the online form by November 23, 2018. Books published between January 1 and October 31 must be sent to the address above and postmarked by November 23, 2018. Books published between November 1 and December 31 must be postmarked by January 11, 2019, and will only be accepted if the online entry form was submitted by November 23, 2018.