Criteria: books written in English or French that evoke the special character of and contribute to the appreciation and understanding of the city of Winnipeg
Prize: $5000 to the author
Sponsor: Winnipeg Arts Council through the City of Winnipeg
- Open to books of fiction, non-fiction, poetry, drama, photography, or visual arts including history, geography, ecology, current affairs, the arts, sports or biography
- Entries should in some way evoke the special character of and contribute to the appreciation and understanding of the city of Winnipeg. There is no residency requirement.
- Please note that books written by more than one author are eligible.
- Submitted books must have been published between January 1 and December 31, 2018.
- A short paragraph explaining the book’s Winnipeg connection must accompany the submission.
Books submitted for this award may also be submitted to all other pertinent categories. Publishers are encouraged to send four (4) copies of any eligible books to:
Manitoba Book Awards
Millennium Library, attn: Kathleen Williams
251 Donald Street, Winnipeg MB, R3C 3P5
All entries must be made through the online form by November 23, 2018. Books published between January 1 and October 31 must be sent to the address above and postmarked by November 23, 2018. Books published between November 1 and December 31 must be postmarked by January 11, 2019, and will only be accepted if the online entry form was submitted by November 23, 2018.